Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Daily Planner Sheet

I have used many different planners, calendars and planner sheets over the years but I have yet to find one that fit my needs completely. After struggling to organize using three different planning methods I finally decided to make my own daily sheet.


On the right hand side, the long blue box, I have a typical calendar style space that starts at 5 am and goes to 8 pm with lines for each quarter hour. My productivity is tracked at work and I need to keep a detailed record of the work I do each day so I can answer for any lapses in my productivity. I am also using the space to record appointment times. I use different colored pens to enter in each child's activities and/or appointments.  

At the top, on the right, is a box to write in the date and in the middle is a box for my MITs. If you have seen my previous weekly goals, then you may have noticed that I have been using Tsh's Daily Docket form. This is where I first learned of MITs... Most Important Things. You pick three things each day that you must get done. If nothing else gets done other than these three things than you can still say that you had a productive day. I regularly fall into the trap of putting way too many to-dos on my list only to end the day with a feeling of failure for not getting it all accomplished. Since I've been stating my MITs I have felt much better about what I get done... this is another reason I love having my whole day on one sheet. It makes me realize all that I really have done! 

The next box on the right is for my morning routine. These are all of the regular things I need to do to get our day off to a good start. And yes, some of them are really basic... I am one of those people that will put something easy (or something I just finished for that matter lol) on my list just for the joy in getting to check it off. At the bottom right is a box for my evening routine. This has the same purpose but lists the things I need to do to make our evening (and next morning) go smoothly.

The box at the top middle holds little glasses of water that i can check off as I drink. I am not a good water drinker and am trying to make it a habit to drink enough each day. This space also holds a spot for me to track my exercise minutes and which body part(s) I worked on that day so that I can alternate them. I have a note to mark off my stretching routine in the AM and PM and if I took my vitamins and other meds. 

The next section is a place for me to list out my calls and emails to make, any errands I need to do and other random to-dos I want to get done. If I don't get these done than I just forward them to the next day's list. After that is a box for me to use as a food tracker. Just listing what I have eaten is good enough for me right now. 

The last section (the scroll) is for me to use for all my blog and marketing to-dos. I have a place to list what post I am doing that day, boxes to check off for to-dos and extra lines for notes and planning. I will use this for marketing my blog as well as my stylist job.

Overall I am very pleased with how this turned out! Up next is a weekly sheet. Once I get that designed I plan to print off quite a few copies and take it to Office Depot to have bound into a spiral notebook as described here at Infarrantly Creative. Once that is done, my design will take the place of my work planner, my "life" planner, my exercise notebook, my food log and blog planner... all in one handy dandy sheet :o)

I hope that this sheet may help someone else but I also know how difficult it is to adapt someone else's for yourself. For that reason, I will be doing a tutorial soon to show you how easy it is for you to make your own just the way you need it! If you're interested and don't want to miss this upcoming post, be sure to sign up for my email list to get my blog post updates delivered to your inbox!

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this planner and can't wait to try it out tomorrow! Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, Candice! I hope it helps you!

      Delete