Thursday, August 30, 2012

Apptastic - StumbleUpon

We purchased our first smartphones about two years ago and a few months ago my wonderful mother-in-law spoiled my husband and I with early Christmas presents: Samsung Galaxy Tablets. Now, I don't know how I would survive without them :o) I am addicted to finding new apps to help me manage my time, our finances and some, of course, for their pure entertainment value. I thought I would share some of my favorites here on my blog.


The first I would like to share with you is StumbleUpon. I stumbled upon (hardy har har) this a few weeks ago. With this app, you choose what you are interested in from their extensive list. Some of the ones I have chosen are: fitness, self improvement, nature, writing and family. Once you have your interests listed you click the "stumble all interests" button and it takes you to a random page on the internet that is related to one of your interests. At that point, you can hit the thumbs up or down button based on whether you like what you see or not. You can go back into the history later to see previous pages that you have liked. When you are done browsing that page you just swipe the screen to get a new one. There are so many great things on the internet these days and StumbleUpon makes it possible to find pages that you may not have found on your own. This app is FREE for Android at Google Play, for your Apple devices at iTunes and you can get it for Windows 8 on your PC or download the Stumblebar for Firefox or Chrome at StumbleUpon.You can also follow others to broaden your interests... if you would like to follow me just click on the SU icon to your right. I will be back with another favorite soon. In the meantime, feel free to share in the comments the favorite apps you use!

No comments:

Post a Comment